Fluoride is Toxic to Children & Adults
I just signed the petition “Get Fluoride Out of Dunedin Drinking Water” and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.
Our goal is to reach 200 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
Many of my close Dunedin friends seem to be having thyroid problems and other issues….almost seems like an epidemic and I am quite concerned. Do you have any of these issues or the ones listed below? I have learned that Fluoride might be the cause!
I’m opposed to fluoride in our drinking/bathing water. Are you? Especially the toxic type they put in our water, Fluorosilicic Acid (also known as hydrofluorosilicic acid), it is a by-product of phosphate processing. Gross…can you believe it?
I have been researching this for many years and waiting for the right opportunity to approach this topic. Looks like now is the time…unless we want to wait 20 years when the City needs to replace the next fluoride tank!
In 1989 the Commission voted to add fluoride. There was little turnout of residents, but what there was, was highly controversial. In fact, by my tally if none of the dentists were counted, there would have been 8 residents opposed to the fluoride and only 4 for it. Originally the Commissioners wanted the people to vote on it directly, but eventually that was ruled out due to financial pressure from the federal government grant opportunities and planning timelines for a new water plant. Yup that’s right, our rights were sold out for money – or at least that’s how the feds got it pushed through so quickly….kind of reminds me of how the State just tried to play us with Honeymoon Island.
Email Your Commissioners Now That You Do NOT Want Fluoride in Your Water!
Please join me, Before it’s too late. We need as many people as possible to stand up for this!
Read below to see all the research on how fluoride got into Dunedin’s water to begin with …
Why is this Important Now?
Dunedin City Staff has recommended that fluoride be cut from our water and the city budget. It was recently written about in the St. Pete Times, but instead of the Commission opening up this controversial topic to the public, they have just decided to keep fluoride in our budget and NOT discuss it WITH US.
If it doesn’t get removed this Budget Year, we will most likely have it for another 20 years!
What Can You Do About It? It’s Easy…
- Sign this petition to remove fluoride in the water until the people have the chance to vote on it.
- Spread the word via email, on Facebook or in person or write a letter to the newspaper.
- Go to the Budget Workshops regarding the Water Department, tomorrow, Wednesday, July 12 at 9:00 AM to Noon at City Hall. If you are opposed to fluoride in the water, voice your opinion at the meeting. Every voice makes a HUGE difference.
- Email All Your City Commissioners Now…
- Tell them that you do NOT want fluoride in your water.
- Tell them that it was originally put into our water under controversy and that you do not want it.
- Tell them to save the $40,000 on the new fluoride tank this year.
- Tell them to STOP poisoning us.
- Tell them they NEVER had our approval to put it in our water in the first place.
- Tell them you do not want your tax money funding that dirty industry.
- You get the point…just tell them!
Fluoride is Known to Cause Many Health Disorders…
Many groups are opposed to toxic fluoride supplementation. The only groups in support of it seem to be the American Dental Association and Government Entities…both very easily persuaded by the fertilizer industry’s big money and lobbying power.
Read more at the Fluoride Action Network:
Fluoride is also a Corrosive Chemical…
If you have an older home, this chemical is most likely corroding the water pipes in your house….have you been having problems like this? I sure have. I wonder how much is this fluoride really costing who?
I also contacted the City’s supplier (Lucier Chemical Company) to get the Material Safety Data Sheet on the fluoride they put in our water.
I was shocked at just how dangerous the chemical really is. In its shipping concentration it can cause serious health effects to those working around it and workers are required to wear special highly rated protective suites. Fluoride is also a major corrosive so it damages most pipes it runs through.
How Did Fluoride Originally Get Into Dunedin Water?
I must admit I am a research fanatic and I looked up all the records in the City of Dunedin City Clerks office many years ago. …I have been holding them until now.
What did I find in all this text?
- I found that the idea came from the Federal Government and the system was initially paid for by a federal grant. Our Commission also pushed fluoride through without a vote from the people due to grant funding deadlines. (makes you wonder who lobbied for this?)
- At this time there did not seem to be any real evidence that fluoride actually did strengthen teeth, except Dentist testimonial. At the same time there was not conclusive evidence that fluoride was toxic in other ways.
- Besides federal government and the American Dental Association pushing this effort, it does not appear that the citizens of Dunedin had a specific need for this service. Nor had the citizens who would pay for it, ask for it.
- There were 3 public meetings to discuss this topic. Only 12 citizens came out to give their opinions; 4 in favor and 8 opposed to fluoride….yet it was still passed!
- The majority of support for fluoride was by two Dunedin Dentists (that were married to each other – they came to all the meetings) and five Dentists from Palm Harbor or Clearwater. (makes you wonder what they had to gain in Dunedin?)
- It was requested by a Commissioner that the people get to Vote directly for or against fluoride as a referendum vote. After 3 hearings and the opinion of only 12 citizens, they decided that was enough input and they voted to include fluoride in our water.
- In 1992 when the discussion was revisited at one short meeting, there was opposition to fluoride from some Dunedin Chiropractic Doctors versus the support of from a few Dentists.
- The minutes indicate that the topic was closed with the Commission requesting additional information from State governments before proceeding. I could find no additional information in the Clerk’s office that that info had been presented to the Commission in a public setting.
In Conclusion, it seems that fluoride passed without the majority of citizen approval.
Now that we have an opportunity to re-address the issue, let’s take our time and do it now!
SO PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COMMISSIONERS NOW, BEFORE THE BUDGET IS SET AND PASSED.
Learn More About Fluoride…
We need to stand up now and start taking back our water and our land. It needs to be purified for our children and future generations.
Please walk with me along this path and be a part of your local government….these days with email and the web….IT’S SO EASY!
Peace & Love,