Help support Local Food & Sustainability!
All You Need to Do is Show up and EAT! and Have FUN!!
This will be the first of monthly fundraisers to raise funds for the new Free PLANTING SEEDS WORKSHOP SERIES! We need your support to help get this venture up and running. 100% of profits made from food and merchandise sales on this evening will go directly to funding the workshop series.
These FREE workshops will focus on Organic Florida Gardening and Local Sustainability!
WHEN: Wednesday June 16th, 2010 from 5 to 8:30 pm
WHERE: At two restaurants in Downtown Dunedin.
Both of these restaurants offer organic food options!
Cabana Cafe and Gifts
833 Douglas Ave.
Dunedin, FL 34698
Pany y Vino Brick Oven Pizza
369 Main Street
Dunedin, FL 34698
LIVE MUSIC at Cabana Cafe!
LORELLE & LEMUEL
CYNDI MEINCK, JACK & JOSIE
RAFFLE TICKETS TO WIN!
- 2 RAIN BARRELS (donated by the City of Dunedin Sustainability Dept.)
- ORGANIC CANDY BUNDLES (donated by The Candy Bar)
- ORGANIC SOAP BUNDLES (donated by Enchanted Branch)
- GARDEN GIFT PACKS (donated by Dragonfly Garden shop)
- LOCAL HONEY & SHEA BUTTER (donated by Dunedin Harvest Co-op)
- MIRACLE TREE SAPLINGS (donated by Town & Harvest)
- 4ft TALL BANANA TREE (donated by Lemuel and Lorelle Mandell)
- $10 Gift Card for Nature’s Food Patch w/small Gift Bag (donated by Nature’s Food Patch)
WHY: Planting Seeds is a new FREE Workshop Series brought top you by a cooperative effort between Dunedin Harvest Food & Garden Co-op and Cabana Cafe and Pan y Vino Brick Oven Pizza. Owners of the two Downtown Restaurants, Tina and Javier Avlia came up with the idea to hold monthly fundraisers to support this new Workshop series to help educate local residents on Florida Vegetable Gardening and how we can as a community start working toward greater sustainability just by making small changes to the way we lead our normal life.
The Dunedin Harvest Co-op thought this was a wonderful opportunity for our community and has signed on to help make it happen. The Co-op will organize the Workshop Series and work with the restaurants to promote the fundraisers.
We plan to have the first Workshop on Wednesday, June 23th from 6 to 8pm at the Cabana Cafe, located at 833 Douglas Ave, in Downtown Dunedin…more details coming soon!